Table of Contents Show
- What are Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips?
- Why Air Fry Crispy Chicken Strips?
- Can I Air Fry Crispy Chicken Strips From Frozen?
- Getting Ready to Air Fry
- Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips Air Fryer
- How to Serve Air Fried Chicken Strips
- Crispy Chicken Strip Dipping Sauces
If there is one food that both children and adults can agree on, it’s chicken strips!
They’re simple, customizable, and altogether delicious! Chicken strips are popular throughout the United States with all ages, and no one company is better known for making delicious chicken strips than Tyson!
Tyson makes the best crispy chicken strips around, but they’re not at their best until they’re air fried! Learn the ins and outs of making these crispy bites truly special with this delicious guide to air-frying Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips!
What are Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips?
Tyson’s chicken is high-quality and delicious. They produce a wide range of chicken products, but their Crispy Chicken Strips truly take the cake! They are convenient, juicy, delicious, and crunchy! These strips are made with white meat and irresistible breading.
Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips are fully cooked and then flash frozen. This locks in their juices and flavor so all you need to do is warm them up, and there is no better way than in the air fryer!
Why Air Fry Crispy Chicken Strips?
When you eat chicken strips, two main characteristics trump all others, texture, and flavor. With the air fryer, you get the absolute best of both of these elements. The air fryer produces clean heat, giving the strips a satisfying crunch and juicy center!
Not only does the air fryer deliver flavor and texture, but it also does so without added fat! There is no need to grease the air fryer, so you get clean chicken strips without the extra calories!
The air fryer also works with efficiency. This countertop wonder preheats in a matter of minutes and cooks without overheating, so it’s great for any time the oven is occupied, or you don’t want to wait for a traditional oven to preheat!
Can I Air Fry Crispy Chicken Strips From Frozen?
Yes! You can air fry Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips directly out of the freezer. It’s a convenient and quick way to make delicious crunchy chicken for the whole family!
Alternatively, you can thaw the chicken in the fridge overnight; however, this step is unnecessary and may even lead to subpar chicken. So please keep it simple and grab them straight from the freezer!
Getting Ready to Air Fry
Air frying is a convenient and safe way to work in the kitchen if you set yourself up for success. Follow these simple steps to help you prepare your air fryer for use:
- Choose the Spot – The air fryer is a small convection oven, so its placement makes a difference. You want to choose a spot with good ventilation and always ensure it is set up on a flat, clean surface.
- Clean the Basket – It’s best practice to clean the air fryer basket after each use; double-checking is always a good idea! Open the basket and check for crumbs or grease, and if needed, hand-wash the basket and internal tray.
- Prepare Yourself – A great cook always sets up for the job. Arrange all your tools before you get started to make your cook smooth. Set out a pair of tongs, a hot pad or trivet, and a plate, and then you’re ready to air fry!
- Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips
- Your air fryer.
- Turn the air fryer on.
- Press ‘Air Fry’ and set the temperature to 350 °F and set the time to 12 minutes.
- Allow the air fryer to preheat. Preheating only takes about 1–2 minutes.
- When prompted, add the chicken strips. Try to keep them in a single layer.
- The air fryer will prompt you to turn the food, open the air fryer and flip each chicken strip over. Remember to keep them flat so they cook evenly.
- Replace the basket, continue cooking until the end of the cycle, and then remove the basket.
- Check the chicken strips for doneness; they should be hot and crispy on the outside and hot in the middle. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, they should read 165 °F.
- If they aren’t quite cooked through, return the basket to the air fryer and heat them at 350 °F for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
How to Serve Air Fried Chicken Strips
Chicken strips are so versatile and delicious that the only limit to how you serve these crunchy favorites is your imagination!
Enjoy them while they’re warm. Serve them on a wrap, in a sandwich, or on top of salad. Leave them whole or cut them up to stir them into your favorite dishes. Any dish that needs a little protein can benefit from these tasty strips!
You can even finish this chicken with some extra spice! While they are still hot from the air fryer, generously sprinkle the chicken with Nashville hot seasonings, everything bagel seasoning, Cajun seasonings, or lemon pepper spices. Just don’t forget the dipping sauce!
Crispy Chicken Strip Dipping Sauces
A chicken strip is only as good as the best dip. Sink your strips into these delicious flavors for a fun and funky chicken dinner:
1. Sriracha Ranch
Find the perfect balance of heat and creamy flavors by blending your favorite style of ranch dressing with a dash of Sriracha.
2. Honey Mustard
Honey mustard has the right levels of tang and sweetness to make chicken positively irresistible. Grab pre-made honey mustard or combine mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, and honey to make a quick homemade version.
3. Fry Sauce
Don’t let the name deceive you, fry sauce is great for Crispy Chicken Strips! Mix 1 part ketchup with 2 parts mayonnaise. Add spices as desired and dunk away!
Teriyaki is always a hit, especially with little ones. Grab a jar of this balanced sauce or make a quick stovetop version by cooking pineapple juice, soy sauce, and garlic. Thick it with cornstarch and generously drizzle the finished sauce on your strips!
Tyson crispy chicken strips taste absolutely delicious when they are air fried and with the many ways you can enjoy it after, you might find yourself making this every weeknight. Also, Tyson chickens are the lightest, they are made with all-white chicken, so these chickens are all pleasure and no guilt!