Baked chicken is a versatile dish prepared at home. It is excellent for weeknight cooking and is perfect when paired with any dinner. You can combine baked chicken with many other foods ranging from rice to balsam, pineapples, bacon, and so on.
Baked chicken is a meal that completes that big family dinner or reunion. The big plate of freshly baked chicken in the middle of the table has its way of bringing everyone in.
Canola oil is among the healthiest cooking oils on the market. It has zero trans-fat and the lowest saturated fat compared to common cooking oils. This oil is affordable and versatile, so to cook various foods at home without compromising your health.
Why Should You Consider Canola Oil For Baked Chicken?
Canola oil is obtained from the seeds of the canola plant. The seeds are harvested and crushed, and the oil is extracted. It has a light flavor, a smooth texture, and a high smoking point, making it ideal for cooking most meals.
- Canola oil can be stir-fried, baking, sautéed, and grilled.
- It can be used to coat non-stick pans in place of butter or margarine when baking
- It can also be used in salad dressings, marinades, and sauces.
This oil is excellent for cooking because it is low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fat.
Canola oil promotes heart health due to the low saturated fats present. Its fat contents are lower than vegetable oil and other animal fats.
Canola oil can be used instead of vegetable oil. The good part is that the quantity of canola oil you would use is the same as that of vegetable oil in your recipe.
Alternatives To Using Canola Oil To Bake Chicken
If you don’t have the regular oil for baking chicken and you don’t feel like using canola oil, here are two great substitutes.
1. Olive Oil
If you do not have canola oil, you can use olive oil. Olive oil is a common substitute in the kitchen for canola oil. It is used the same way as butter when baking.
Butter is also suitable for baking chicken. It adds extra flavor to the chicken giving it a slightly different but pleasant taste and smell.
Baking Chicken With Canola Oil
Canola oil is slightly different from regular vegetable oil, but it is an excellent substitute for vegetable oil.
The exact quantity of vegetable oil can be used when baking chicken. You can take out that vegetable oil without worrying about changing measurements.
Its high smoking point makes it ideal to use in the oven. This means you don’t have to worry about changing the temperatures when baking.
Since this oil is multipurpose, you can confidently use it for baking chicken: the same recipe, just a slight difference in the oil used.
- 1½ cups fine bread crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon oregano/rosemary/basil
- Three tablespoon canola oil
- Eight raw skinless chicken breasts (boneless)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 – 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour a tablespoon of the oil into the baking dish and place the chicken breasts. Roll the chicken breasts in the oil so that they are lightly coated.
- Mix the bread crumbs, flour, paprika, and oregano in a bowl. Add the remaining canola oil, whisking until well combined.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the mixture and replace it in the baking dish. Throw away any left-over bread crumb mixture. Put the lemon slices in the container.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20-35 minutes, depending on your temperature. If you have a lesser temperature (350 0F), bake for 30-35 minutes. If you have a higher temperature (450 0F), bake for 20 minutes.
- The chicken is cooked when the color is not pink, and the juice runs clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Chicken Part To Use?
All chicken parts can be baked, but depending on the feel you want, different regions would be used. Chicken thighs retain moisture when cooking and also come out crisp. Chicken breasts, on the other hand, may not come out crispy but will retain moisture.
Can I Get Crispy Baked Chicken?
You can achieve this by cooking for a more extended period. Leave the chicken for 2-5 minutes in the oven to get that crisp texture.
How Do I Prevent The Chicken From Sticking To The Pan?
If you don’t want your chicken to stick to the pan, spray the pan with sufficient cooking spray. You can use a canola oil spray. If you have no cooking spray, then excellent pan with enough oil.
What Else Can I Add To Bake Chicken?
Baked chicken recipes can include anything. Several spices, yogurt, and other things can be added to get a unique taste and feel to this meal.
How Do I Achieve Juicy Baked Chicken?
Juicy chicken is not hard to get. Spray oil on or roll the chicken in light oil before coating with spices. This will prevent it from overcooking outside while allowing it to cook evenly on the inside.
Can I Eat Baked Chicken With Sauce?
Baked chicken is an all-rounder. It can be taken alone or paired with a creamy sauce (like chicken Alfredo) or mixed in a savory-sweet dish like Chicken Biryani. You can experiment with your favorite sauce or dish too.
What Other Oils Can Be Used To Bake?
If you like to try out other oils, you should consider almond oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil. These oils will still give a good result.
Canola oil is a healthy choice for baking chicken instead of regular vegetable oil. It is a flexible combo so that you can experiment with as many recipes as possible.