Table of Contents Show
In recent times, various kitchen appliances have been developed to help ease the work and stress of cooking and many more activities in the kitchen.
One of such is the mixer. Mixer, as it is called, literally helps mix your ingredients, i.e., eggs and especially for baking ingredients. Mixers allow you to regulate how smooth, slow, fast, or foamy your want to beat your eggs. The mixer has undoubtedly made work easy, faster, and better for most of us.
However, what happens when you urgently need to beat some eggs and your mixer isn’t handy, are there other methods for mixing eggs? Can it be as good as the use of a mixer? Follow us to find out what we know about this.
Eggs are one of the most versatile ingredients used in the kitchen as well as for various recipes. Not only can you use eggs for cooking and baking, but they can also be used for cleaning, hair, and beauty.
Beating eggs without the use of a mixer may be more stressful; however, with the right materials, it’s nothing you cannot do. The intensity to which you beat your egg depends on what you need your eggs for.
How to Beat Eggs Without A Mixer
There are various methods for beating your eggs and they are as follows;
1. Use The Blender
One of the most common kitchen appliances in most homes is the blender, while the blender’s original purpose in the kitchen is to blend and grind different ingredients, most especially, pepper and fruits, however, you can make use of the blender for many other things.
One of such is the use of a blender to beat your eggs. Two types of blender are suitable for beating your eggs, the first type is known as an immersion blender, while the second is the hand blender. The immersion blender is one easy-to-use tool, especially for chopping, mixing, and beating.
Here are steps on how to use an immersion blender
- Prepare a mixing bowl, where you will blend and break your eggs into it. Please ensure your egg is rid of all dirt and eggshells before blending.
- Select a suitable whisk for your blender and place it on it.
- Depending on the type of device you use, if there is any setting such as “whisk” or “beat”, select it and whisk your eggs until it is perfect for the recipe it is needed.
- Ensure to beat your eggs quickly and without making a mess.
- The hand blender will do a great job, especially if you intend to beat your eggs for baking and other intense you. All you need do is crack your eggs and turn them into a bowl.
- Fix your hand blender and make use of the whisk attachment that comes with it, put it on low speed, and move it around. This way, the air is being drawn into the mixture, because the blade is close to the surface of the liquid.
2. Use A Hand Whisk
The hand whisk is another efficient and known method for beating your eggs. Oftentimes, a hand whisk is used for egg whites, egg scrambles, etc. however, it helps you stir and change the consistency of the eggs better and faster.
The following steps will guide you on how to make use of the hand whisk
- Because it is easier to whisk eggs at room temperature than a chilled one, it is advised that you take your eggs out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you use them.
- Crack your eggs and place them in a bowl, it is recommended that you make use of a glass, copper, or stainless steel bowl. We do not advise that you make use of plastic bowls and tiny scratches from there can get into your eggs.
- Start by whisking your eggs slowly, let it go clockwise, and increase the intensity by which you whisk.
- The extent to which you whisk your eggs is dependent on what you need to use it for and your recipe. Whatever it is you do, ensure it is properly mixed and if you will be using egg whites alone, ensure it is soft, firm, and fluffy.
3. Use An Egg Beater
Eggbeaters are common kitchen utensils used in beating eggs and mixing batters. While there is the manual and electric egg beaters, the most commonly used is the electric egg beater. In the absence of your mixer, a suitable appliance to be used is the egg beater. The following are steps to guide you on how to an egg beater
- Crack your eggs and turn them into a bowl( preferably a glass or steel bowl)
- Turn on the power of your electric egg beater and select the right gear to beat your egg. This is dependent on the extent to which you want to whisk your eggs. However, it is recommended that you make use of the first gear.
- Hold the egg beater by the handle and whisk your eggs until you are satisfied.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use An Egg Beater To Make a Batter?
Yes, you can make use of an egg beater to make your batter; however, you can only make use of it for a thin batter, suitable for past and not dough.
How Do You Whisk Eggs Without A Whisk?
If you do not have a whisk, the best way to whisk your eggs is to make use of two equal forks and beat your eggs. This will give the same effect as a whisk. Ensure you make use of forks with the same sized handles and tooth.
Will A Hand Blender Whip Cream?
Yes, a hand blender is not just for pepper, fruits, or eggs. You can make use of your hand blender to whip cream. All you need do is combine your ingredients in a bowl and blend with your hand mixer for about 20 to 30 seconds. You will know your whipped cream is ready when a soft peak begins to form. You can also make use of an immersion blender to whip your cream.
Can I Beat My Eggs With Fork?
Yes, in the absence of your mixer or any other electrical appliance, you can beat your eggs using your fork. All you need do is join two equal forks together and beat your eggs until you can make use of them for your recipe.
In the absence of your mixer, several kitchen utensils and appliances can be used to beat your eggs.
Ensure you make use of glass, ceramic or stainless steel. This way, you can be sure no particles from the bowl will find their way into the eggs, unlike when you use plastic.