Table of Contents Show
- What are Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
- Why Air Fry Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
- How to Air Fry Shake and Bake Pork Chops (Step-by-Step)
- Air Fryer Pork
- How to Serve Air Fried Shake and Bake Pork Chops
Nothing beats a perfectly breaded pork chop, but making them can be such a chore. Turn that idea upside-down by making these delicious Air-Fried Shakes and Bake Pork Chops!
Shake and Bake makes a wide range of breading styles, from seasoned to plain and everything in between. The methods mentioned in this article will work with any style of this convenient staple you choose!
What are Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
Shake and Bake is a pantry helper made to assist home cooks in making perfectly breaded pork or chicken. Add the air fryer to this tasty convenience and you have the ideal pork dinner ready in a flash!
Shake and Bake is made of a blend of breadcrumbs, herbs, spices, and the somewhat surprising addition of canola oil. This breading blend is made to stick to pork or chicken with ease so you can make a crispy breaded chop without all the fuss!
Why Air Fry Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
Who doesn’t love the crispy crunch of breaded pork!? That is the main reason to use the air fryer! This magic machine will produce perfectly crunchy breading every time, and in a matter of minutes no less! The air fryer preheats in minutes, cooks through in a flash, and won’t heat up the whole kitchen in the process!
Air frying uses powerful convection heating to cook the pork so that the outside is crispy and the inside is nice and juicy! Thanks to its convection heating, the air fryer does not require extra fat or grease, so you’re looking at a much lighter chop than you would get from pan or deep-frying.
Preparing the air fryer;
Air frying is so safe that even careful kids can help out, but safety should always be at the top of any good chef’s mind. Prepare to air fry safely by following these tips:
Whether you stow your air fryer between uses or keep it on the counter, its placement is very important. Place it on a flat, dry, clean surface. Make sure there is plenty of space surrounding the air fryer, this helps it not to overheat.
Always check the basket for grease or crumbs and hand-wash it accordingly. Never put things that don’t belong in the fryer in the basket, i.e. wrappers, plastic, metal forks, etc. The better care you take of your air fryer basket the longer your appliance will work!
Cooking is all about the pregame! Be sure to set up everything you need before you start cooking. For these chops, have them plated and ready to place in the fryer when prompted, have tongs nearby, and a trivet or hot pad. Well-prepared cooks make happy food!
How to Air Fry Shake and Bake Pork Chops (Step-by-Step)
One of the wonders of Shake and Bake is how easy it is to use! There are instructions on every box of Shake and Bake, but just in case, here is a refresher on how to use Shake and Bake to bread pork chops:
- First, moisten the pork chops. The box advises using water, but you can also use buttermilk, and for even more flavor let the chop rest in the buttermilk for about 5 minutes before moving on.
- Pour 1 packet of Shake and Bake into a flat reusable container (like a food storage container). Lay the chop on the breading, lid the container, and shake. If your chop needs more even coverage, flip it over by hand once and shake again.
- Set the breaded chops aside until ready to air fry.
- 1 Shake 'N Bake Pack
- Your Airfryer.
- Prepare the pork with Shake and Bake as directed above and then turn the air fryer on.
- Press ‘Air Fry’ and set the temperature to 350 °F and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Allow the air fryer to preheat. Preheating only takes about 1–2 minutes.
- When prompted, add the pork chops. Try to keep them in a single layer. If you need to, work in batches to avoid overfilling the air fryer.
- The air fryer will prompt you to turn the food, remove the basket and shake the pork chops around. Try to keep it in an even layer.
- Replace the basket and continue cooking until the end of the cycle and then remove the basket.
- Check the pork chops for doneness; they should be hot and crispy on the outside and warm throughout. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the sausage. It should read 145 °F.
- If they aren’t quite cooked through, return the basket to the air fryer and heat them at 350 °F for an additional 1 to 3 minutes.
How to Serve Air Fried Shake and Bake Pork Chops
These chops come out of the air fryer looking like a million bucks! They are crispy, golden, and oh-so-juicy but every star needs its support and that’s where tasty sides come in! These deliciously air-fried chops are perfect when served warm with your favorite down-home side dishes.
If you want to make a perfect plate, try swerving your pork with these delightful dishes:
1. Steamed Green Beans
Bring some green to the plate by steaming green beans for the side of these chops. Top the steamed beans with butter and your favorite spice blend.
2. Brown Gravy
Pork and gravy are the best of friends! Make a simple gravy from the packet to top these chops.
3. Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Garlic makes everything better, especially mashed potatoes! Make your favorite mash but finish it with a little garlic powder and fresh parsley for even more flavor!
4. Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
If you have a double air fryer, you can make these fries in the air fryer at the same time as the pork! Cut sweet potatoes into fries, toss them in oil and Cajun seasonings, and then bake or air fry them. They’re the perfect sweet bit for these pork chops!
5. Cheese Rolls
Grab a package of crescents. Before you roll them up, spread butter on the inside and then sprinkle them with cheese. Bake them as directed and serve with these chops.
The air fryer is considered the best method for cooking Shake and Bake Pork Chops, the air fryer cooks it perfectly giving you a golden and crispy flavor.
The Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops can be your go-to meal for any occasion; it is simple, juicy, tender, and can be used to impress your guests.